Author Topic: Official monster suggestion thread  (Read 4829 times)

cat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Official monster suggestion thread
« on: November 10, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »
ZMBE Official Zombie/Monster suggestion thread
Feel free to suggest anything related to things that are supposed to attack the players. Anything goes.

Quentin White

• Wielder of the Lightbringer sword!
    • View Profile
Re: Official monster suggestion thread
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
Zombie:
Fast moving zombie. Similiar to older one. But deals a little damage and as 75% for infecting player. Dead player will become zombie too.

Leech (or something similiar):
Mutated leaches. They are slow and small. They do little damage over a period of time, but they can "snap" on players body and other player is needed to kill them. They can move on the ceiling.

Brute (or ├╝ber zombie  :D ):
Big and fast zombie with multiple arms. Deals a lot of damage and its hard to take him down.

Zombie dogs:
Fast, can kill player in mater of seconds. (They can jump like HL2 fast zombie)

count_snipula

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
                                 WOBBLERS
different looking/individaul looking wobblers e.g shambler style wobbler or banshee wobblers [no hulk wobblers]
or police/swat/soilder wobbler.something different.
                                                           FAST ZOMBIES
nearly same thing as the wobblers make them look different and vary.
                                                             BLOBS
maybe have bones or something in them.and yes make them vary in appearance and please make them take up more population as it is unfair.

count_snipula

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »
Zombie:
Fast moving zombie. Similiar to older one. But deals a little damage and as 75% for infecting player. Dead player will become zombie too.

count_snipula

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
                                                      ARMORED ZOMBIES
police/swat/soilder zombie with armor/kevlar vest [like in l4d2] but can`t do much damage are a bit slow [kill it by shooting it in the back, the head,with fire,grenade or a sniper or something just as powerful.
                                                        ZOMBIE PLAYER
just like what karl said about the fast zombie.but this is the player he can bite,scratch,kick/punch the other players and could be armored soilders [zombies] depending on player model or a user defined setting .any other players bitten will become part of the infection.zombie players can be a wobbler if killed by blob.or they can be normal zombies etc.
                                                           ZOMBIE BRUTE
this is a bit like karls but kills anything in it`s way including zombies.it can eat players [not zombifie players],throw players,crush players but it`s weak spot is it`s head [not hard to hit].
                                                      MAN EATING FLOWERS
it`s a trap that is all i can say. :D

Christian9872

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »
I think that all of the original Zombie Master zombies should be put back into the game. The only change, is that you should balance them. You should take out all of the zombies in v1.2e (Blob, Zombie, etc.)

Hellhound

Mentioned in one of the posts above me, a zombie dog. Instead of calling it a zombie dog, hellhound sounds a lot better. A hellhound is fast, a good strategist (works with other dogs), and can deal damage fast (it hits fast but doesn't do much damage per hit). The disadvantage is that they are very easy to kill. I am not sure how much they should cost but they should be sort of cheap.

Abomination (Name can be changed)

Once again, this was mentioned in one of the posts above me, except I think it was named Brute. Abomination to me seems a lot better of a name. Abominations should be giant, be able to deal tons of damage very fast (it hits slow but does a lot of damage per hit), have lots of health, and be able to have a burst of speed once a survivor is targeted (just like the immolator). During that burst of speed, any zombie in its way will be destroyed. The zombie master has no way of stopping it once it has found a target. The disadvantages is that they are expensive and slow (when a survivor isn't targeted). I think the Abomination will need a lot of testing before it is balanced.

Summary: I don't think too much zombies need to be added but the old ones need to be for sure. One thing that needs to be changed about the older zombies is how much they cost. Nobody likes hulk spam or banshee spam. There is a reason both of those are possible. They are to cheap!

count_snipula

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »
before it is balanced.

Summary: I don't think too much zombies need to be added but the old ones need to be for sure. One thing that needs to be changed about the older zombies is how much they cost. Nobody likes hulk spam or banshee spam. There is a reason both of those are possible. They are to cheap!
do you spamshees?

KaosH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 03:38:09 PM »
Im thinking something in between the lines of:

Zombie- or ordinary spam key
Fast Zombie-Faster, but less health (maybe further decayed?)
Large Zombie- This one has more health but does moves slower (Not uber huge. Just a foot taller or so)
Stealthy zombie- This little creep is Harder to see, and has a short camo (if possible)
BLOBS!- keep this menace the way they are
Boss- This guy moves faster then your average zombie, and has more health. Make him accessible only when the players are about to finishes the map.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I am awesome sauce

cat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
I am working on a base type of zombies that differes in level or armor and speed. So if you spawn five "normal" zombies, you get a random mix of them.

count_snipula

• lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 06:43:34 PM »
ONE PROBLEM:zmbe`s difficulty is already hard no reason to make it even more of a <mission impossible>  :-\

KaosH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 02:57:57 AM »
I've NEVER finished a mission. I kinda like it that way.
I am awesome sauce

Braindawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 03:36:15 AM »
The battering ram:
Has a similar effect like Hulk from ZM:
Deals out a fairly devastating amount of damage and smashes through barricades with ease
The more pain he is caused, the angrier, stronger and faster he gets, but he is still weakened

cost: 80

Basically "The FleshPound" from killing floor mixed with "The Equalizer" weapon from TF2. 

Look: A hulk, but with big smashing, metal chunks on his arms, and solid steel gloves, and a head like a wobbler. Like I said, FleshPound.

Necropost again ._.

Slayerbro530

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 10:52:59 PM »
My vision of a realistic ZM's zombies
(Hopefully this dead thread's reply doesn't go unread)
Normal Zombie:Quite Similar to A Shambler, yet is a one hit kill, with moderately higher speed.
Runner:Banshee type speed, Swipes quickly for kills, yet not instant 1 hit, for chance. Low HP
Bulk Zombie: More health, slow(er) speed, slight resistance to body shots.
Blobs: This menace deserves to be, yet at least lower dmg or an infection type kill
Crawler:Moderate Health, Crawls for slight stealth in the heat of hordes.
______
Blob Variants for Each
Normal Zombies: Raised Health, Decreased Speed
Crawler: Gooped up and sticky, crawls on walls and ceilings.