Zombie Master: Black Edition
written by fifi
As of Public Release 1.2Note:
Only use the zombiemaster.fgd found in the ZMBE folder.
1. The Mod makes use of the same functionality of existing HL2 and ZM-specific entities.
Refer to this guide for ZM specific guidelines:http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=307.02. Weapon considerations
Some of the new weapons use the same entity names in order to allow backwards support for
weapon_zm_pistol = Colt1911
weapon_zm_mac10 = TEC9
weapon_zm_Shotgun = Remington Shotgun
weapon_zm_rifle = SKS
These weapons are using new entities:
weapon_zm_baikal = Sawn-off Baikal Shotgun
weapon_zm_baikallong = Baikal Shotgun
weapon_zm_mossberg = Mossberg 500
weapon_zm_winchester = Winchester 73
All weapons use their matching counterpart ammo (i.e. 357 ammo is used for SKS, all shotguns use buckshot).
The following weapons have been removed from ZMBE without replacement:
If a map tries to load these, they will simply not appear.3. Zombies
Like the weapons, the zombies match existing entity names.
"Zombie" = Shambler
Blob = Banshee
Wobbler = Hulk
There are no replacement zombies for the drifter and the immolator. These have been removed from all spawn menus.
However they might still appear if spawned by a trap. But their effectivity is greatly reduced because their stats
(health, damage etc) were not "refitted" to ZMBE.
New in 1.2:
Blobs now only spawn when hiddenspawned. They are completely removed from every normal spawn point.4. Map design considerations
- Keep zombies spawns away from direct contact with players. Due to the extreme damage capabilities, any zombie spawning
directly on "top" of a player means instant death.
- Give out plenty of low grade weapons and ammo. Since melee is extremly... uncomfortable for players now, make sure they
get enough pistols and ammo for basic defense.
- Keep all zombie spawn flags at 0 (= every type spawnable)
- Weapon damage is increased by 2x-5x compared to stock ZM weapons. Keep this in mind when designing "delaying" obstacles.
- Do not use the Immolator and/or Drifters in any custom spawns. We left them in functional with a fallback model in order to not change the balance of old maps still using them.
- It is advised to give the ZM some extra money at the start of the map (via logic_auto + func_giveresources). This is important for games will low player numbers. Recommended amount is 400.